A F F I D A V I T
COUNTY OF HARRIS §
STATE OF TEXAS §
Being first duly sworn, the undersigned, Michael E. Walcavich, does hereby depose and say as follows:
1. I am Michael E. Walcavich, I am the Director Engineering, West Region, of Plains Pipeline, L.P., and I am authorized to submit and am submitting this affidavit on behalf of Plains Pipeline, L.P., as requested by the United States Department of State pursuant to Public Notice 5092.
2. Plains Pipeline, L.P. has acquired a portion of the pipeline identified in the Presidential Permit issued by the United States Department of State on May 18, 2007, to PMC (Nova Scotia) Company and Plains Marketing Canada L.P. (“2007 Presidential Permit”), which portion extends from the international boundary line between the United States and Canada at a point near Raymond, Montana, to a point approximately 6.4 miles southwest of the international boundary line designated as the Raymond Station.
3. Subsequent to the acquisition, Plains Pipeline, L.P. conducted repair and maintenance activities on the acquired pipeline, including the inspection and replacement of limited portions of pipeline, and the repair, replacement, and installation of facilities necessary for the safe operation of the acquired pipeline. Furthermore, Plains Pipeline, L.P. will interconnect a pipeline designated as the Bakken North Pipeline to the acquired pipeline at the Raymond Station.
4. Prior to its acquisition, the portion of the pipeline acquired by Plains Pipeline, L.P. was operated and maintained for the purpose of transporting crude oil between the United States and Canada, and upon returning the upgraded pipeline facilities described above to service under the 2007 Presidential Permit, Plains Pipeline, L.P. will continue to operate and maintain the acquired pipeline for the same purpose of transporting crude oil between the United States and Canada. The acquired pipeline facilities and the operation and maintenance thereof authorized by the 2007 Presidential Permit will remain substantially the same as before the transfer of such facilities to Plains Pipeline, L.P.
5. I, Michael E. Walcavich, declare under penalty that the foregoing statements are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the undersigned has executed this affidavit on December ___, 2013.
Michael E. Walcavich
Director Engineering West Region
Plains Pipeline, L.P.
Sworn to and subscribed
before me this 11 day
of December, 2013
My commission expires:_________________