- www.cldinternational.org - Council for Learning Disabilities, an international organization concerned about issues related to students with learning disabilities.
- www.nichcy.org/ - National Information Center for Children and Youth with Disabilities.
- www.ldanatl.org/ - Learning Disabilities Association of America.
- www.ldonline.org - a parent resource with numerous articles about specific learning disabilities and links to more information on disabilities and parent support groups.
- www.chadd.org - Association for Children and Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder.
- www.familyeducation.com - Site for all children, with a section on strategies and skill building activities. ADD and ADHD, including treatment, medication plans and behavior modification.
- College Services and Resources for Students with Disabilities - Information on college and university resources and support services for students with disabilities.
- www.woodbinehouse.com/online.html - Publisher of The Special Needs Collection made up of 62 books and other products on disabilities and related topics for parents, children, therapists, health care providers, and teachers.
- www.aacap/org/ - Services to Children with Special Needs.
- www.cec.sped.org/ - Council for Exceptional Children with information on how they advocate on behalf of children with special needs.
- http://curry.edschool.virginia.edu/go/specialed/ - University of Virginia Curry School of Education gives information and resources on special needs.
- www.dec-sped.org - The Division of Early Childhood with information on early childhood special education.
- www.naspcenter.org - Site of the National Association of School Psychologists with information for parents and teachers.
- www.nimh.nih.gov/publicat/publisting.cfm?diD=23 - The National Institute of Mental Health with a list of publications on children and adolescents.
- www.peatc.org - Parent Advocacy Training Center publishes a newsletter on special needs to which members can subscribe. Site contains numerous parent resources.
- www.seriweb.com/ - Special Education Resources on the Internet (SERI) is a collection of Internet accessible information resources of interest to those involved in the fields related to special education.
- www.specialed.about.com/cs/homeschool - numerous articles and links to support and enhance the education of all special needs children, especially those being homeschooled.
- www.readingrockets.org/helping - strategies to help children struggling to read.
- www.k8accesscenter.org - website dedicated to improving educational outcomes for elementary and middle school students with disabilities. Site contains access to Webinars, Discussion rooms, Resources and Links.
- www.privateschoolsdirectory.com.au - information on private schools in Australia. Searchable indices by school name, curriculum, special needs, boarding schools, alternative education and religion.
- www.zacbrowser.com - Zone for Autistic Children.
- http://udltechtoolkit.wikispaces.com/ - Universal Design for Learning. FREE tools that are readily available in the classroom and are easily accessible by internet download.
- www.edbydesign.com/ - Scrambler educational games and resource section for special needs kids.
- www.do2learn.com/ - games, songs, communication cards, print resources and information for special needs.
- http://www.fcps.edu/dss/sei/ats/about.shtml - Assistive Technology links.
- www.ideapartnership.org/ - IDEA Partnership reflects the collaborative work of more than 55 national organizations, technical assistance providers, and organizations and agencies at state and local level.
- www.greatschools.org/special-education.topic?content=1541 - Great schools primarily serves parents whose kids (K-12) have learning difficulties, including: Specific learning disabilities (LD); Attention problems including AD/HD; and kids who struggle with similar problems but who don't qualify for special education.
Resources within the Department of State
- www.state.gov/documents/organization/176076.pdf - Guidelines for Evaluating Children with Learning Disabilities or Developmental Delays.
- www.state.gov/m/dghr/flo/c1958.htm - Family Liaison Office, Education and Youth.
- http://aoprals.state.gov/ - Department of State Standardized Regulations.
Specific Learning Disabilities
- www.autism-society.org - The Autism Society of America.
- http://autismpdc.fpg.unc.edu/ - Professional Development in Autism Center (PDA). This site provides training and support to families and communities.
- www.interdys.org - International Dyslexia Association
- www.asha.org - American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- www.aacap.org/cs/root/facts_for_families/facts_for_families- Facts for families published by the Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
Nonverbal Learning Disabilities
- www.nldontheweb.org/ - Nonverbal Learning Disabilities Association