June 22-26, 2015
The Jefferson/Overseas Technology Institute (JOSTI)* is a five-day technology conference for American Overseas Schools educators who are interested in an intensive exposure to technology and networking resources in the PreK-12 environment. This annual conference is normally held at the Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology, in Fairfax, Virginia, but due to construction will be held at another Fairfax County school site in 2014. The Real Techies Only strand is intended for technology coordinators and other staff responsible for network administration.
WORLD VIRTUAL SCHOOL- (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, June 22-24):
- Sharing and networking among select representatives from the eight Regional Associations.
- Exploring regional and inter-regional collaborative initiatives and the Global Educators Online (GEO) website initiative.
TECHIE TOPICS - (June 22-26)
- Alternative, cost-saving, solutions using thin client, Linux, and open source
- Infrastructure planning, management and design, including topics such as wiring, hubs, routers, and wireless
- Wireless security and related issues and topics
- Network security issues: firewalls, access-lists, hardening vulnerable systems, patching, encryption, etc.
- And so much more!
- Participants will also have opportunities to cross over into the Real Teachers Only JOSTI session strandsTo apply: registration form
Due by: March 6, 2015For information contact:
Dr. Bea Cameron, Office of Overseas Schools
* The Jefferson Overseas Schools Technology Institute is an annual conference sponsored by the Thomas Jefferson High School for Science & Technology, Fairfax County Public Schools and the Office of Overseas Schools, Department of State.