June 24-28, 2013
The Jefferson/Overseas Technology Institute (JOSTI)* is a five-day technology conference for American Overseas Schools who are interested in "hands-on" training for integrating technology across various grade levels and curriculums. This annual conference is held at the Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology, in Fairfax, Virginia., but due to construction will be held at another Fairfax County school site in 2013.
- The elementary technology integration strand will focus on "cutting edge" applications, with an emphasis on reading, writing and mathematics applications in the K-6 environment
- The secondary strand will focus on integrating and using technology tools and software in a variety of curricular areas
- There will be a special focus on designing and implementing virtual learning environments
- Many sessions will be appropriate for both elementary and secondary participants
- Sessions designed specifically for classroom teachers to support subject content
- And much more!
- Participants will have opportunities to cross over into sessions from the Real Techies Only strand.
* The Jefferson Overseas Schools Technology Institute is an annual conference sponsored by the Thomas Jefferson High School for Science & Technology, Fairfax County Public Schools and the Office of Overseas Schools, Department of State.