Families with children with special needs, whether learning disabled or gifted, will find information that may be useful as they seek overseas assignments.
- Overseas Schools Offering Support to Children with Special Needs list of schools offering programs for Special Education and/or Gifted and Talented.
- Transitioning to an Overseas Assignment with a Child with Special Needs, developed by the Office of Overseas Schools and its Advisory Committee on Exceptional Children and Youth, is designed to help families think through such decisions and contains links to useful Internet and publication resources for both gifted children and children with learning disabilities.
- Special Education Needs Overseas Seminar, this seminar was created to specifically meet the needs of FS families that need to understand and navigate Department of State services available overseas to children with special needs.
- Resources and Guidance within the Department of State
- Internet Resources
- Publications on Special Needs
- Advisory Committee on Exceptional Children
The Office of Website Management, Bureau of Public Affairs, manages this site as a portal for information from the U.S. State Department.
External links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views or privacy policies contained therein.