printable banner

U.S. Department of State - Great Seal

U.S. Department of State

Diplomacy in Action

Adult Education

There are continuing education opportunities for Foreign Service employees and family members both overseas and in the Washington, D.C. area. A certain posting may offer more after-hours leisure, employment options for spouses may be limited, or it may be a time when you want to progress professionally or personally.

Some reasons you might decide to continue your education are to:

  • Get a Bachelor's or an advanced degree.
  • Complete work on an interrupted degree.
  • Gain work-content skills.
  • Change careers.
  • Keep up-to-date in your field.
  • Keep a professional license current.
  • Learn more about a particular subject.

You may contact the Education and Youth Team with your questions. Please email

FLO Web Links for Adult Education

Graduate Degrees
Adult Education Programs    
Teaching Overseas



Information provided by the Family Liaison Office
Contact the Family Liaison Office.


Do you already have an account on one of these sites? Click the logo to sign in and create your own customized State Department page. Want to learn more? Check out our FAQ!

OpenID is a service that allows you to sign in to many different websites using a single identity. Find out more about OpenID and how to get an OpenID-enabled account.