printable banner

U.S. Department of State - Great Seal

U.S. Department of State

Diplomacy in Action

Hotels and Lodging for Evacuees

When looking for lodging at your local per diem rate, an excellent source is the GSA website. Click on the state or enter the zip code where you plan to reside and you’ll find the rates that apply.

The Office of Allowances website is also a good resource for evacuation related allowances and has great FAQs as well as links to GSA’s site for per diem rates.

Families with school-age children may also want to check schooling options with the location of hotels/housing in mind. For school options, visit the FLO website or contact

FSI’s Overseas Briefing Center maintains a list of hotels and short term housing options in the DC metro area. This list includes information on pets and schools.

Hotels and apartment locators advertise in The American Foreign Service Association’s (AFSA) Foreign Service Journal.


Information provided by the Family Liaison Office
Contact the Family Liaison Office


Do you already have an account on one of these sites? Click the logo to sign in and create your own customized State Department page. Want to learn more? Check out our FAQ!

OpenID is a service that allows you to sign in to many different websites using a single identity. Find out more about OpenID and how to get an OpenID-enabled account.