Mashable.com's Networking page - http://mashable.com/2010/07/02/professional-social-networking
Quintessential Careers - www.quintcareers.com/networking.html
The Ladders' Networking Section - www.theladders.com/career-advice/networking
BusinessNetworkingAdvice.com's NetworkingSection - http://businessnetworkingadvice.com/resources/networking-resources.htm
• Links to networking resources as well as interview transcripts with professionals skilled in networking.
BizLaunch - www.arlingtonvirginiausa.com/bizlaunch
• Operated by Arlington County for small businesses.
• Offers information, counseling, research, education, and networking
DC Web Women - www.dcwebwomen.org
• Limited to DC area
WomenNetwork - www.ewomennetwork.com
• National groups of female business owners and professionals
Execunet - www.execunet.com
• Offers networking groups all over the country.
• Free newsletter with good job search advice.
• Job board.
The Falls Church Episcopal Church - www.jobsministry.org/default.htm
• A jobs ministry that is open to all for job search courses and meetings
• Limited to DC area
• Also have good resources online (including links to many area employers),.
McCarthy & Company - www.careertran.com
• An Arlington firm that deals in career transition.
• Offers "Executive Network Group" meetings for networking, learning, and circulating your resume. (Charge per meeting.)
Society for International Development - www.sidw.org
Washington Network Group - www.washingtonnetworkgroup.com
Women In International Security - http://wiis.georgetown.edu
World Affairs Council - www.worldaffairsdc.org
• This is the address of the DC branch, but there are branches of the organization throughout the U.S.
Business Journal - www.bizjournals.com
• Choose your city.
• Under "Events", see "Business Events" for local networking opportunities.
• On this site you will find a list of business events, including networking events. This is an especially rich source for the Washington DC market.
LinkedIn.com - www.linkedin.com
• An online networking resource for professionals.
Meetup.com - www.Meetup.com
• Search for local groups that match your personal interests. Many professional groups and interests represented.
Facebook - www.Facebook.com
• An online networking resource targeted at students (more social than professional).
Bebo - www.Bebo.com
• A social networking site used predominantly by Europeans.
"Introduction to Social Networking"
Howcast.com - www.howcast.com/videos/210741-Introduction-To-Social-Networking
• Unfortunately only the introduction is available for free, but it is a great basic look at social networking.
"How to Use Facebook" Series
eHow.com - www.ehow.com/videos-on_108_use-facebook.html
"How to Use LinkedIn" Series
eHow.com - www.ehow.com/how-to-use-linkedin/
"How to Use Twitter" Series
eHow.com - www.ehow.com/use-twitter/
If you are still wondering about how to use a certain aspect or facet of a particular social networking site (like creating a private group on Facebook for example), searching www.Youtube.com or www.Google.com can often lead to your answer.
"How to Network Effectively"
"How to Use Facebook for Professional Networking"
Hansen, Randall S.
"Using Key Marketing Tools to Position Yourself on the Job Market"
Quintessential Careers website
"How to Network: 12 Tips for Shy People"
"How to Network Like a Pro"
Business Insider website
"The Brand Called You"
Fast Company magazine
Agin, Frank & Howes, Lewis
LinkedWorking: Generating Success on LinkedIn the World's Largest Professional Networking Site
Four Eighteen Enterprises, 2009
Alba, Jason & Scoble, Robert & Stay, Jesse
I'm on Facebook, Now What?: How to Get Personal, Business and Professional Value From Facebook
Happy About, 2008
Alexander, David & Hilliard, Brian & Misner Ivan
Networking Like a Pro: Turning Contacts Into Connections
Entrepreneur Press, 2011
Perfect Phrases for Professional Networking: Hundreds of Ready-to-Use Phrases for Meeting and Keeping Helpful Contacts – Everywhere You Go
Byrne, Coleen & Greene, Brenda
The Web 2.0 Jobfinder: Winning Social Media Strategies to Get the Job You Want From Fortune 500 Pros
Career Press, 2011
Networking for People Who Hate Networking: A Field Guide for Introverts, the Overwhelmed, and the Underconnected
Berrett-Koehler Publishers, 2010
10 Steps to Successful Social Networking for Business (ASTD 10 Steps Series)
American Society for Training & Development, 2010
All a Twitter: A Personal and Professional Guide to Networking With Twitter
Highly Effective Networking: Meet the Right People and Get a Great Job
Career Pres, 2009
Windmill Networking: Understanding, Leveraging & Maximizing LinkedIn: An Unofficial, Step-by-Step Guide to Creating & Implementing Your LinkedIn Brand - Social Networking in a Web 2.0 World
BookSurge Publishing, 2009
LinkedIn Makeover: Professional Secrets to a POWERFUL LinkedIn Profile
Donna Serdula, 2011
Sweeney, Joe & Yorkey, Mike
Networking is a Contact Sport: How Staying Connecting and Serving Others will help You Grow Your Business, Expand Your Influence – or Even Land Your Next Job
BenBella Books, 2010