FedBizOpps (FBO) - http://www.fedbizopps.gov
• Advertises USG procurement opportunities over $25,000
Government Express - www.GovernmentExpress.com
• Provides information needed for small businesses to enter the USG market intelligently
Procurement and Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) - www.aptac-us.org/new
• Mission is to expand the number of businesses capable of participating in the USG marketplace. Administered by DOD's Defense Logistics Agency (DLA).
• Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTACs) provide procurement assistance, including classes, counseling, and easy access to opportunities.
SCORE - www.score.org
• Nonprofit organization of experienced businessmen, many retired, who offer counseling to people starting small businesses
• Website offers outstanding resources
• SCORE often works in concert with SBA.
Small Business Administration - www.sba.gov/GC/index.html
• a section of their very helpful website is devoted to government contracting
• they also offer courses on government contracting
U.S. General Services Administration Office of Small Business Utilization (OSBU) - www.gsa.gov/sbu
• Promotes access to GSA's nationwide procurement opportunities
• Monitors and implements small business policies to nurture new business and enhance technological capabilitiesSmall business community can meet key contracting experts and be counseled on the procurement process.
"Is the Government Market Right for You?"
Entrepreneur - June 13, 2006
"Small Biz: Winning the Federal Contracting Game"
BusinessWeek - July 26, 2006
"Landing a Government Contract"
Entrepreneur - February 01, 2006
Government Executive, August 15, 2006 (Vol. 38 No.14):
"Vying for Energy" - Top 25 Energy Department Contractors
"Space Shuttle 2.0" - Top 25 NASA Contractors
"Best Bets: Top Contracting Shops Share Their Secrets"
"No Surprises" - Top 100 Civilian Agency Contractors
"Piling Up" - Top 50 Technology Contractors
"Hard Times" - Top 25 GSA Contractors
"Flier's Poker" - Top Travel Vendors & Top Traveling Agencies
"After the Bow Wave" - Top 25 Army Contractors
"Flexible Fleet" - Top 25 Navy Contractors
"Trimmed Wings" - Top 25 Air Force Contractors
"Weak Hand" - Top 100 Defense Contractors
"Raking It In" - Top 200 Federal Contractors
Winning Government Contracts for Dummies
John Wiley & Sons Inc., 2006