Clearance of Foreign
OFM/Customs processes requests for blanket authorization of foreign government-owned equipment being temporarily imported for repair and return, or in conjunction with joint projects being carried out by the foreign government and a U.S. Government entity (but not in connection with a foreign military sales case). The request for clearance of these items should be submitted by diplomatic note or official letter providing the following information:
• State whether this request is a new blanket request (to be established) or an old blanket request (renewal).
• Name all consignees
• Purpose of a blanket authorization request (repair and return, for incorporation into a finished project, in conjunction with joint projects being carried out by your government and a U.S. Government entity)
• Identification of the items
• Approximate size of the shipments
• Special markings on container (Code words)
• Ports of entry
• Frequency of entry
• Ports of departure
• Time period for which the blanket authorization is requested
• A statement certifying that the shipment is property of your Government, and will remain so while in the United States
• A statement certifying the shipments are not part of the foreign military sales program
Clearance of foreign government-owned equipment imported in connection with foreign military sales program is processed by the Department of State's Office of Munitions Control.