Home » Under Secretary for Political Affairs » Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs » Countries and Other Areas » Russia » U.S.-Russia Bilateral Presidential Commission » U.S.-Russian Bilateral Presidential Commission: Working Groups » Defense Relations
The Defense Relations Working Group discusses and resolves priorities of defense policy and national security, armed forces reform, regional and global security, transparency and confidence building measures, and cooperation on areas of mutual interest.
U.S. Chairperson: Ashton B. Carter, U.S. Secretary of Defense
Russia Chairperson: Sergey Shoygu, Russian Minister of Defense
U.S. Coordinator: Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Russia/Ukraine/Eurasia, Evelyn Farkas
Russia Coordinator: Chief of the Main Directorate for International Military Cooperation, Sergey Koshelev
- Defense Technology Cooperation Sub-Working Group
- Defense Policy Sub-Working Group
- Enhanced Missile Defense Sub-Working Group
- Global and Regional Security Sub-Working Group
- Logistics Support Sub-Working Group
- Maritime Cooperation Sub-Working Group
- Social Welfare Sub-Working Group
- Training, Education, and Human Resources Sub-Working Group
The Office of Website Management, Bureau of Public Affairs, manages this site as a portal for information from the U.S. State Department.
External links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views or privacy policies contained therein.