Advisory Board on Implementation of OECD Corporate Social Responsibility Guidelines
Assistant Secretary of State for Economic and Business Affairs Jose W. Fernandez announced today the launch of the Stakeholder Advisory Board on the U.S. National Contact Point for the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises.
The OECD Guidelines are voluntary recommendations from governments to multinational enterprises on responsible conduct in such areas as human rights, labor, environment, and corruption. The OECD Guidelines are the only multilateral, comprehensive code of conduct, endorsed by 43 national governments. The U.S. National Contact Point, based in the Economic and Business Affairs Bureau, leads the United States’ work under the Guidelines. For more information please go to: www.state.gov/usncp.
The Stakeholder Advisory Board (SAB) will provide recommendations to the Department’s Advisory Committee on International Economic Policy on implementation of the OECD Guidelines, including their public promotion, collaboration between the U.S. National Contact Point and stakeholders to anticipate and address future challenges in a proactive manner, and the operations of the U.S. NCP. The SAB is comprised of leaders from business, labor, civil society, and academia. The members include:
- Trevor Gunn, Medtronic
- Owen Herrnstadt, International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers
- Barbra Anderson, Sabre Holdings
- Natalie Bridgeman Fields, Accountability Counsel
- Brian Campbell, International Labor Rights Forum
- Lewis Cohen, SI-WEL International
- Lance Compa, Cornell University
- Celeste Drake, AFL-CIO
- Dierdre Fitzpatrick, Service Employees International Union
- Kristen Genovese, Center for International and Environmental Law
- Adam Greene, U.S. Council for International Business
- Clifford Henry, Procter and Gamble
- Jonathan Kaufman, EarthRights International
- Ray Marshall, University of Texas
For more information on the Stakeholder Advisory Board, please contact Tiffany Enoch, email@example.com.