Applications for the Virtual Student Foreign Service 2013-2014 have CLOSED. This year, 2,630 applications have been received for the 276 projects posted.
Students who have applied may be contacted in August for additional information for their application by the offices considering candidates for eInternships. All applicants will be notified on September 10, 2013 by email@example.com regarding their selection/non-selection for a position with the Virtual Student Foreign Service. Selected students will have until September 17, 2013 to accept their offer. Students will begin working with their office/post on September 18, 2013.
To apply for the Virtual Student Foreign Service, you MUST complete the online application. All application materials must be submitted using the online application.
Please refer to the instructions below for details on how to apply. (Note: These screen shots may look slightly different as USAJobs continues to improve its services.)
1. Create an account with USAJobs. You can do so by clicking the “Create an account” link in the top left corner.
2.Create your resume using the USAJobs resume builder. You MUST submit your resume using this form.
Note: The USAJobs portal is used by every agency with the U.S. Government in an effort to centralize and streamline the application process for careers and jobs with U.S. government agencies. For the Virtual Student Foreign Service, we are only able accept applications through the online application. This does not apply to all U.S. government agencies that use USAJobs.
3. Go to the USAJobs position listing. (This can be found by searching “VSFS” or “Virtual Student Foreign Service.”)
4. Please read the Virtual Student Foreign Service application listing carefully.
5. Click “Apply Online.” This will be on the right side of the screen.
Note: If you have already begun an application, this button will read “Update Application.”
6.Select the resume you would like to use in your application and click “Apply for this position now!”
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is NOT the end of the application.
7. This will take you here…
8. From USAJobs, you will go to the Department of State application portal to complete your application.
9. On this site, complete your application. You will be asked a series of questions regarding your eligibility and interests. You will be asked to identify the projects for which you are interested in being considered. (For a full list of projects, please refer to the VSFS website.) In this form, you will be asked to submit your statement of interest and be prompted to upload you transcript.
If you are unable to access the full application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.