The Office of the Procurement Executive (A/OPE) provides management direction and leadership over Department-wide acquisition and federal assistance policies and the full range of acquisitions and federal assistance management services.
1 FAM 212.2 in the Department’s Foreign Affairs Manual provides details on the authority, responsibilities, and structure of A/OPE.
Office of Acquisitions Policy
The Office of Acquisitions Policy (A/OPE/AP) prescribes the Department’s acquisition and federal assistance policies, regulations, and procedures; determines the effect of new or proposed acquisition or assistance legislation, executive orders, or regulations on, or implements same, into the Department’s acquisition and/or federal assistance policy and procedures.
Office of Acquisitions Management
The Office of Acquisitions Management (A/OPE/AQM) manages, plans, and directs the Department’s acquisition programs and conducts contract operations in support of activities worldwide. A/OPE/AQM provides the full range of professional contract management services including acquisition planning, contract negotiations, cost and price analysis, and contract administration.
- U.S. Department of State Standard Terms and Conditions — Revised 10/21/2020 [PDF]
- U.S. Department of State Standard Terms and Conditions — Revised 10/01/2019 [PDF]
- U.S. Department of State Standard Terms and Conditions — Revised 04/08/2016 [PDF]
Incorporated by reference in all standard grants, cooperative agreements, fixed amount awards, award to individuals, and property awards to U.S. and foreign recipients that are not Foreign Public Entities.
- Protecting Life in Global Health Assistance Award Provision — Revised 04/23/2019
A required provision in all grants and cooperative agreements that provide global health assistance using President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) funding. The requirements apply to such assistance provided to, or implemented by, foreign non-governmental organizations or that U.S. NGOs provide to foreign NGOs through sub-awards.
- U.S. Department of State’s Implementation of Executive Order 13798 (PDF)
- 1 FAM 212.2
- Department of State Supplement to the Federal Acquisition Regulations (DOSAR)
Office of the Procurement Executive
1701 North Fort Myer Drive
Arlington, VA 22209