Blue Dot Network participants – from the public, private and civil society sectors – believe in building and financing quality infrastructure projects. Certified Blue Dot Network projects exemplify quality infrastructure principles as set out in the G20 Principles for Quality Infrastructure Investment, the G7 Charlevoix Commitment on Innovative Financing for Development and the Equator Principles. The Blue Dot Network aims to promote quality infrastructure investment that is open and inclusive, transparent, economically viable, financially, environmentally and socially sustainable, and compliant with international standards, laws, and regulations.
What is the Blue Dot Network?
- The Blue Dot Network will bring together governments, the private sector, and civil society under shared standards for global infrastructure development.
- The network will certify infrastructure projects that demonstrate and uphold global infrastructure principles.
- Certification by the Blue Dot Network will serve as a globally recognized symbol of market-driven, transparent and financially sustainable development projects.
By proposing a common standard of project excellence, the Blue Dot Network will attract private capital to infrastructure projects in developing and emerging economies.
What are the principles underlying the Blue Dot Network?
- The Blue Dot Network vision uses as its foundation established global infrastructure principles set out in the G20 Principles for Quality Infrastructure Investment, the G7 Charlevoix Commitment on Innovative Financing for Development, and the Equator Principles.
The Blue Dot Network builds on the success of Japan’s G20 leadership in building consensus on the Principles for Quality Infrastructure Investment, which is the basis for the visions of the Blue Dot Network.
How will one apply for Blue Dot Network certification?
- Projects which seek to become certified by the Blue Dot Network will complete an online application. Information provided in the application will be subject to both preliminary and ongoing audit.