The U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Conflict and Stabilization Operations launched a new partnership between the Department of State and a number of universities focusing on conflict anticipation and prevention. Under the Academic Centers of Conflict Anticipation and Prevention (ACCAP) initiative, universities will collaborate on research, analysis, and data that will enhance the Department of State’s ability to anticipate, prevent, and respond to conflict globally.
The public and private research institutions from across the United States participating in ACCAP include:
- University of Notre Dame, Keough School of Global Affairs
- Florida International University, Steven J. Green School of International & Public Affairs
- George Mason University, Carter School for Peace and Conflict Resolution
- Georgetown University, Institute for Women, Peace, and Security
- University of Alabama, Global Water Security Center
- University of Utah, International and Area Studies
- University of California, Berkeley Institute of International Studies
For updates, follow the Bureau of Conflict and Stabilization Operations on X @StateCSO.