The Bureau of the Political-Military Affairs (PM) builds enduring security partnerships to advance U.S. national security objectives. The Bureau of Political-Military Affairs is the Department of State's principal link to the Department of Defense. The PM Bureau provides policy direction in the areas of international security, security assistance, military operations, defense strategy and plans, and defense trade.
May 18, 2023
Remarks to the Aerospace Industries Association Board of Governors Meeting
Purchases of arms, equipment, and training through the FMS channel are a necessity in the face of threats in Ukraine or the Indo-Pacific or the Taiwan Strait or elsewhere. As these challenges evolve, so, too, must our FMS system.
May 24, 2023
U.S. Peacekeeping Capacity Building Assistance
Offices of the Bureau of Political-Military Affairs
- Directorate of Defense Trade Controls
- Office of Congressional and Public Affairs
- Office of Global Programs and Initiatives
- Office of Regional Security and Arms Transfers
- Office of Security Assistance
- Office of Security Negotiations and Agreements
- Office of State-Defense Integration
- Office of Weapons Removal and Abatement