Barbados benefits directly from CBSI programs, including:
- Training, technical assistance, and equipment to improve counternarcotics efforts and maritime interdiction capability; including logistical and maintenance support training;
- Training, advisory support, and equipment for law enforcement agencies, often in coordination with the Regional Security System (RSS) and U.S. interagency partners;
- Mentoring and training to build civil asset forfeiture investigative and litigative capacity;
- Mentoring, training, and advisory support to justice sector institutions to implement modern model criminal legislation and procedures to incorporate regional and common law best practices designed to improve the efficiency of the criminal justice system;
- Providing professional development and technical training opportunities to Barbados’ security forces;
- Offering workforce training and support for work transitions for at-risk youth to become gainfully employed or establish businesses, thereby reducing the risk of their involvement in criminal activity;
- Mentoring, training and advising on maritime maintenance from the Technical Assistance Field Team to improve the operational readiness of their patrol boat fleet, to include equipment and software to ensure maintenance issues are being tracked.
- Improved maritime domain awareness through the participation in the Cooperative Situational Information Integration Initiative that provides regional air and maritime tracks for operations.
- Ongoing training and equipment for the maritime service to ensure U.S. provided vessels are maintained.