Trinidad and Tobago benefits directly from CBSI programs, including:
- Providing training to develop and enhance law enforcement professionals in the investigation and prosecution of crimes involving narcotics, firearms, gangs, homicides, terrorism, and financial transactions;
- Promoting coordination at the working level across the criminal justice sector and related institutions to harmonize policies, procedures, and systems;
- Increasing port security and maritime interdiction capability through technical support, technology upgrades, and training;
- Increasing educational opportunities for at-risk youth through strengthening second-chance education programs;
- Establishing pilot juvenile courts, promoting innovative youth peer resolution mechanisms, and introducing a restorative justice approach to managing youth in conflict with the law.