The Department of State sponsors on-site child care centers. The Foreign Service Institute (FSI) Child Care Center is located on the FSI campus in Arlington, VA and provides an excellent curriculum-based program for infants through pre-school.
- For more information about the FSI Childcare Center, contact the Overseas Briefing Center. The Overseas Briefing Center also offers a listing of childcare centers near FSI for Foreign Service families studying at FSI.
- For more information about Columbia Plaza Diplotots program in Washington, DC, email Diplotots@state.gov.
Other Childcare Resources
- The official source for U.S. Government childcare information
- U.S. General Services Administration National Capital Region Child Care Centers (federal employees have priority)
- The Virginia Department of Social Services Licensed Child Care Facilities
- Arlington County Human Services directory of Licensed Early Childhood Programs and Home Daycare Providers
- Fairfax County Childcare Search
- Loudoun County How to Find Childcare
- Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services Child Care Resource and Referral Center
- Washington, DC Childcare information (includes online search for childcare facilities)
- Prince George’s Child Resource Center, Inc.
- Child Care Aware refers clients to local agencies that list certified child care providers
The Family Liaison Office provides resources for U.S. Public and Private Schools, which includes an education checklist for returning to the United States.
District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Public Schools
- DC Information for Parents and Families provides DC Public School profiles, college admission tips, and more.
- Alexandria City Public Schools
- Arlington Public Schools
- Fairfax County Public Schools
- Falls Church City Public Schools
- Loudon County Public Schools
- Prince William County Public Schools
Summer Camp Resources
- The Family Liaison Office provides resources for summer camp resources.
- WorkLife4You (WL4Y) is a free 24-hour/ 7 days per week counseling, education and referral service that can help Department of State employees find the programs, providers, information, and resources they need to manage personal and professional responsibilities. Childcare options are covered. WL4Y provides child care listings for Department of State employees and family members and verifies whether providers have openings. Go to www.worklife4you.com, call 800-222-0364 (TTC 800-262-7848).