On July 8, 2019, Secretary of State Michael R. Pompeo announced the formation of a Commission on Unalienable Rights. The commission, composed of academics, philosophers, and activists, will provide the Secretary with advice on human rights grounded in our nation’s founding principles and the principles of the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
Future meetings will be added as announced.
- October 23, 2019
Speakers: Michael W. McConnell, Wilfred M. McClay
- November 1, 2019
Speakers: Cass Sunstein, Orlando Patterson
- December 11, 2019
Speakers: Michael Abramowitz, Miles Yu
- January 10, 2020
Speakers: Kenneth Roth, Diane Orentlicher
Federal Register Notices
- 05/30/2019 Department of State Commission on Unalienable Rights
- 10/02/2019 Commission on Unalienable Rights; Notice of Open Meeting
- 11/20/2019 Commission on Unalienable Rights; Notice of Open Meeting
- 12/20/2019 Commission on Unalienable Rights; Notice of Open Meeting
- Signed Charter
- Member Biographies
- Please send inquiries and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Note from Dr. Peter Berkowitz about the Commission