Phone: (703) 875-6833
Mail: Department of State
Office of Global Partnerships (GP)
SA-15, Room 7029
Washington, DC 20522-1507
Partner with State
A New Era of Partnership
The U.S. Department of State has entered into a new era of collaboration and partnership with non-government actors based on risk-sharing and value creation to advance mutual goals.
These partnerships are defined by:
- Co-created solutions to shared problems that advance the core goals of each of the partners;
- Shared risk, investment (direct or indirect), and potential reward for all partners; and
- Leveraging unique partner skills and assets, producing outcomes with greater impact than could be achieved independently.
Who do we work with?
The U.S. State Department works with many different types of organizations to find creative and sustainable solutions to meet diplomacy and development challenges around the world, including:
- Academics, Scientists & Innovators: Organizations that are passionate about identifying innovative solutions to global shared challenges.
- Corporate: Businesses of all sizes to achieve efficient, sustainable, and culturally appropriate solutions to global challenges.
- Diaspora, Faith-Based & Community Organizations: Community organizations that are committed to raising awareness of critical issues and promoting sustainable solutions.
- Foundations and Philanthropy: Philanthropic organizations that seek to further support for key policy initiatives or programs around the world.
- Non-Governmental Organizations: Organizations of all types can play an important role in promoting more effective outcomes and creating a safer, more prosperous and equitable world for us all.
The Office of Global Partnerships (GP) is the center of excellence for collaboration between the U.S. Department of State, the public and private sectors, and civil society. Launched in 2008, GP builds and facilitates partnerships that leverage the creativity, innovation, and core business resources of partners for greater impact. Learn more about partnership with the U.S. State Department or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.