Direct Line: Opportunities in China's Senior Care Market
Topic: Opportunities in China’s Senior Care Market
Host: Hanscom Smith, U.S. Consul General in Shanghai, China
Date, time, time zone (DC): March 14, 2017; 7:00 p.m. EDT (March 15, 2017; 7:00 a.m. local)
Description of Webinar: By 2050, China is expected to have nearly 500 million people over the age of 60, exceeding the population of the United States. The aging population has brought greater demand for senior care services. According to a PricewaterhouseCoopers report, Chinese people will spend over 10 trillion yuan ($1.54 trillion) from 2016 to 2020 on senior care, increasing one percent per year. The Chinese government issued policies in its 13th Five Year Plan to further improve the senior care system, including opening up the market and encouraging private and overseas investment.
U.S. companies with more advanced products and operational experiences are appealing in the China market, especially in the following areas:
- Healthcare – Gerontology, Rehabilitation & Chronic Diseases Care
- Health and Wellness
- IT – Telemedicine, Mobile Health IT, Home Health IT, Facility IT solutions, On-Demand Platform, Virtual Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data Analysis, Wearables, Robots, Internet of Things
- Architectural Design Services
- Safety Technologies – Emergency Call, Floor Protection
- Consulting Services & Training
The U.S. Consul General in Shanghai, Hanscom Smith, invites you to participate in a Direct Line Webinar along with his Economic team and local subject matter experts to discuss how your company can navigate the Chinese Senior Care market and what strategies can help win projects in China’s rapidly developing Senior Care Market.
|Subscribe Here To Receive Updates on Future Direct Line Calls|