Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Additional U.S. Government Information and Resources:
- Office of Allowances – Evacuation FAQs
- Coronavirus FAQs
- Traveling During COVID-19
- Schools, Workplace, and Community Locations Updates
- FSI Training Status
- Security Clearances
For crisis management resources, visit the following FLO pages:
- Post Evacuations – Before, During, and After
- Personal Preparedness Planning
- Note: Includes information on Contingency Planning for Single Parents and Tandem Couples with Children.
- List of Important Documents to Have on Hand
- Homeschooling and Online Education
- College and Beyond
- College Admissions and COVID-19: An Evolving Landscape (Foreign Service Journal)
At–Home Educational Resources
- Data in the Classroom Ocean Activities (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration)
- Earth Sciences Resources (United States Geological Survey)
- Engage! Programs and Activities (Library of Congress)
- Games, Quizzes, and Videos about the Environment (Environmental Protection Agency)
- Kids’ Zone Resources (National Center for Education Statistics)
- NASA Space Place Activities and Resources (NASA)
- NASA STEM Engagement Activities (NASA)
- Presentations and Activities to Explore U.S. History (Library of Congress)
- Science and Technology Educational Content and Resources (Energy Department)
Visit FLO’s Education and Youth page for additional information and resources that may be helpful during this time.
Support Services Resources
- Daily Life and Coping (CDC)
- Getting Started with Long-Distance Caregiving (NIH’s National Institute on Aging)
- Mental and Behavioral Health Resources (HHS’s ASPR – Public Health Emergency)
- Resilience Resources (FSI’s Center of Excellence in Foreign Affairs Resilience)
- MED’s Office of Employee Consultation Services (ECS)
- Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, MED’s Office of Employee Consultation Services (ECS) is available and ready to support. ECS is a completely free and confidential counseling resource for DOS direct hires and eligible family members who may need support to cope with stress relating to the outbreak of COVID-19. Non-DOS direct hires and eligible family members under Chief of Mission may access ECS services if their agencies’ respective employee assistance programs are inaccessible. To accommodate staff at posts impacted by this pandemic, ECS is offering 24/7 counseling services to support personnel. Evacuees or employees who are currently in the United States are invited to utilize ECS during normal business hours (from 08:00-17:00). To schedule an appointment, please email MEDECS@state.gov or call ECS at our new telephone number: +1-202-634-4874.
Family Member Employment Resources
- The Federal Government is hiring across a wide range of career fields to help respond to the COVID-19 national emergency. View a list of the positions on USAJOBS.
- FLO’s Global Employment Advisors (GEA) are available to support family members with developing federal resumes and reviewing applications. Locate your GEA and learn how a GEA can assist you.
FSI’s Transition Center Resources
For short-term housing information made up of properties that accept government per diem rates in the DC area on the Overseas Briefing Center’s website: