Naturalization of Foreign-Born Spouses
FLO acts as liaison with the Department of Homeland Security's U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in naturalization cases for foreign-born spouses of Department of State Foreign Service employees.Requirements and
Important Information Regarding Expeditious Naturalization
- The processing time and adjudication is under the sole authority of the USCIS.
- Please note that 319(b) naturalization assistance is limited to only Department of State spouses.
- Other agency spouses should contact their respective Human Resource offices for possible assistance with 319(b) naturalization.
- Read the Code of Federal Regulation Chapter 8 Section 319.2, Expeditious Naturalization regulation and read the INA section 319(b).
- For more information contact: FLOAskNaturalization@state.gov.