The Foreign Affairs Campus Coordinator Program is designed to create a network of State Department student contacts on college campuses across the nation.
The Bureau of Global Public Affairs is responsible for fulfilling the Secretary’s mandate to help Americans understand the importance of foreign affairs. College students are a large and important segment of that audience. This program is designed to help accomplish this aspect of the Secretary’s mandate by establishing liaison relationships with students at colleges and universities across the country.
By relying on their academic experience, interest in foreign policy and knowledge of their campus community, we hope to reach a wider cross-section of the students on college campuses and surrounding institutions. The Campus Coordinators are selected by the Bureau of Global Public Affairs through a competitive application process.
With the guidance of the Bureau of Global Public Affairs, Foreign Affairs Campus Coordinators connect their academic communities to the Department’s policy priorities by:
- Utilizing social media like Facebook and Twitter
- Arranging video and phone conferences with the Department
- Conducting workshops and round tables on foreign policy issues and career development
- Coordinating on and off campus visits with Department of State officials
- Partnering with university faculty to inform students on U.S. Foreign Policy and the roles of the Department
- Organizing events on days of significance in U.S. Foreign Policy
For more information: Email CampusCoordinator@state.gov.