Our major areas of interest include:
- GCLO has a dedicated team of professionals working to expand employment options and information resources to internationally mobile family members, both at home and abroad.
- GCLO provides support to families on all matters related to the educational needs of children including boarding schools, home study, special needs education, college admissions, summer programs, transition from school-to-school, and re-entry to the U.S.
- GCLO provides guidance and assistance to employees and families navigating opportunities and challenges of Foreign Service life.
- GCLO liaises with the Department of Homeland Security’s U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in naturalization cases for foreign-born spouses of Department of State Foreign Service employees.
- GCLO provides Foreign Service employees and families with confidential guidance, referral, and assistance with personal preparedness and post evacuations.
- The Department of State provides a number of resources and services that may be helpful when an employee is considering bidding on an unaccompanied post.
- The Community Liaison Office (CLO) program provides morale-enhancing support to U.S. government employees and family members of all agencies who are assigned to U.S. embassies and consulates abroad.