Follow the conversation on Twitter using #GrowthInTheAmericas and #AmericaCrece.
What is growth in the Americas?
- Growth in the Americas centers on building an enabling environment for private sector investment in energy and infrastructure that is transparent, competitive, and in line with international best practices.
- Through Growth in the Americas, we partner with governments across Latin America and the Caribbean in a whole-of-government initiative to support economic development that leads to job creation.
- Growth in the Americas helps countries improve their regulatory frameworks and procurement structures to meet the requirements of limited-recourse project financing.
- Growth in the Americas facilitates infrastructure sector projects from early-stage feasibility studies through final investment decisions.
- Growth in the Americas seeks to connect the U.S. private sector to opportunities in the region to promote market diversification, energy security, and continued growth.
The global economy is increasingly connected and competitive. In order to thrive, Latin American and Caribbean countries need to invest in infrastructure of all types.
We have a long history of partnership across Latin America, built on our shared values and close ties. The Growth In The Americas initiative will develop critical infrastructure to increase opportunity and foster greater regional prosperity.
Activity Highlights & More Information
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have questions about what this initiative is, whom we work with, or how much we can do? We’ve answered these questions and more in this downloadable FAQ.
We explain the challenges we face, our focus on sustainability, and how we work with public and private sector partners in this single-page fact sheet.
U.S. Government Partners
Learn more about the U.S. government’s work on infrastructure in Asia and .