These guidelines are intended to support organizations in preparing proposed project documents for consideration for funding by the Office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons (TIP Office). Applicants should review the funding opportunity, required application templates, and the following guidance on preparing applications. To be considered under this funding announcement, applications must include the following documents in the required templates available in SAMS Domestic:
- Online Form – Standard Form (SF) 424
- Project Narrative
Applicants are not permitted to submit additional documents. Any additional documents submitted will result in the failure of the technical review process and applications that submitted additional documents will not be reviewed.
There is one mandatory application form that must be completed through SAMS Domestic. This form is the SF-424 (Application for Federal Assistance).
When completing the SF-424, please use the below guidance to fill in all fields except where noted as “Leave Blank”.
- Type of Submission: Application
- Type of Application: New
- Date Received: This will be assigned automatically.
- Applicant Identifier: Leave blank.
- (5a) Federal Entity Identifier: Leave blank. (5b) Federal Award Identifier: Leave blank.
- Date Received by State: Leave blank. This will be assigned automatically.
- State Application Identified: Leave blank. This will be assigned automatically.
8a. Enter the legal name of the applicant organization. Do NOT list abbreviations or acronyms unless they are part of the organization’s legal name.
8b. Employer/Taxpayer ID Number: Non-U.S. organizations enter 44-4444444
8d. Enter the headquarters address of the applicant
8e. Enter the name of the primary organizational unit (and department or division) that will undertake the assistance activity as applicable.
8f. Enter the name, title, and all contact information of the person to be contacted on matters involving this application.
- Select an applicant type (type of organization)
- Enter: Office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons
- Enter: 19.019. This should be automatically entered.
- Enter the Funding Opportunity Number and title. This number will already be entered on electronic applications.
- Enter the Competition Identification Number and title. This number will already be entered on electronic applications.
- Areas Affected by Project: Enter country or region.
- Enter the title of proposed project: Enter project title.
- (16a) Congressional districts of Applicant: Applicants based in the U.S. should enter congressional district. Foreign applicants should enter “90.” 16(b) Congressional District of Program/Project: All applicants should enter “90.”
- Enter start date February 1, 2022 and projected end date.
- (18a) Enter the amount requested for the project described in the full proposal under “Federal.” (18b) enter any cost-share under “Applicant.” If not proposing cost-share, enter zeros.
- Select “c. Program is not covered by E.O 12372.”
- Select the appropriate box. If the answer is “yes” to this question, provide an explanation.
- Enter the name, title, and all contact information of the individual authorized to sign for the application on behalf of the applicant organization.
Applicants are required to use the project narrative template on SAMS-Domestic and must type within the template’s grey box. The template automatically complies with the character limit (not longer than two (2) pages) and black-colored ink, not smaller than 12-point, Times New Roman font.
The project narrative must list the following key information at the beginning of the narrative:
- Country or countries that the project will benefit
- Project Title
- Name of applicant organization
- Name and email address of point of contact for the application (this should be the same contact that is listed on the SF-424 in 8f).
- Funding amount requested in U.S. dollars. If applicant includes a cost share it should also be in U.S. dollars. No other figures are requested at this time.
- Project duration in months.
The remaining area of this section will make up the foundation of the project narrative.
- Problem: Describe how your organization understands the priority area/s (priority areas in either a given country or region as per the priority areas provided in the Notice of Funding Opportunity starting on page 5) and issue/s it has chosen to address as they exist within the chosen locale. Describe the problem/s the project will address. As appropriate, briefly describe contextual and/or local conditions contributing to the problem/s.
- Project Description: Describe how your organization will address the problem/s stated above and provide a justification or rationale for your organization’s plans. Describe the link between the problem and how your project will address it. Describe the population and/or stakeholders you intend to work with.
- Organizational Capacity: Describe the capacities and qualifications that enable your organization to address the problem/s stated above. If applicable, briefly describe your organization’s capacity to develop active partnerships with in-country entities and relevant stakeholders. Please also describe any demonstrable experience in administering projects of similar size and scope, and experience administering projects within similar or related subject matter areas.