The U.S Department of State seeks to engage and energize students about international relations and their role in our nation’s foreign policy. The Office of Public Liaison in the Bureau of Global Public Affairs coordinates the Department of State’s annual Historically Black College and University (HBCU) Foreign Policy Conference.
The annual HBCU Foreign Policy Conference offers students and their influencers an opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of America’s U.S. foreign policy. Students participate in foreign policy sessions, engage with diplomats, ambassadors and other government officials, and network to build relationships with HBCU alumni at the Department of State. The conference demonstrates support for the State Department’s diversity and inclusion efforts, as well as supports the White House Initiative on HBCUs.
- We Are #HBCUsAtState
- Why My HCBU Matters
- Five Reasons You Should Attend the 2018 #HBCUsAtState Conference
- I Am Diplomacy, I Am America: My Journey From Intern to Recruiter
- Why We Love #HBCUsatState
- 2021 HBCU Foreign Policy Conference On-Demand Website
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a speaker to visit your HBCU
2020 Conference Recaps