Skip to content
- Released the State Department Strategic Framework on Artificial Intelligence;
- Also advanced strategies on digital freedom;
- Collaborated on supply chain resilience.
- Strengthened research cooperation with Nordic countries on quantum and with Japan on AI and data science;
- Initiated Science and Technology Agreement with Taiwan;
- Supported US bid to win the hosting of international science data;
- Advanced research integrity protection in U.S. and like-minded countries.
Engagement and Capacity-building
- Expanded fellowship programs at State Department;
- Launched Regional Technology Officer initiative;
- Coordinated S&T in E family through E-STIC;
- Created the Tech Diplomacy Working Group across the Department;
- Partnered with academia on broadening talent pipelines;
- Launched public diplomacy for S&T (Innovation Station community engagement and newsletter, STI DipNotes) especially with the Silicon Valley;
- Engaged with the National Academy on advanced manufacturing;
- Participated in international forums such as FMSTAN;
- Launched the Global Chief Technology Officers CTO Roundtable series.