Artificial Intelligence (AI): Artificial intelligence is at the center of the global technological revolution. The Department of State promotes an international policy environment and works to build partnerships that further U.S. leadership in AI technologies, protect our national and economic security, and promote our values.
Read more about AI
- Released the State Department Strategic Framework on Artificial Intelligence;
- Also advanced strategies on digital freedom;
- Collaborated on supply chain resilience.
- Strengthened research cooperation with Nordic countries on quantum and with Japan on AI and data science;
- Initiated Science and Technology Agreement with Taiwan;
- Supported US bid to win the hosting of international science data;
- Advanced research integrity protection in U.S. and like-minded countries.
Engagement and Capacity-building
- Expanded fellowship programs at State Department;
- Launched Regional Technology Officer initiative;
- Coordinated S&T in E family through E-STIC;
- Created the Tech Diplomacy Working Group across the Department;
- Partnered with academia on broadening talent pipelines;
- Launched public diplomacy for S&T (Innovation Station community engagement and newsletter, STI DipNotes) especially with the Silicon Valley;
- Engaged with the National Academy on advanced manufacturing;
- Participated in international forums such as FMSTAN;
- Launched the Global Chief Technology Officers CTO Roundtable series.