The United States of America and The Kingdom of the Netherlands are pleased to announce some of the outstanding entrepreneurs, business leaders, investors, supporters, and policymakers from around the world who will attend the 2019 Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) from June 3-5, 2019, in The Hague.
Co-hosted by U.S. Secretary of State Michael R. Pompeo and the Netherlands Prime Minister Mark Rutte, GES 2019 is the ninth such gathering of entrepreneurs, business leaders, supporters, and government officials. Speakers will address ways to support the next wave of entrepreneurship and innovation and the future of agriculture, connectivity, energy, health, and water. The Summit will forge new connections through curated matchmaking and networking, workshops, and hands-on advice.
U.S. Government Participation:
- Michael R. Pompeo, U.S. Secretary of State
- Elaine L. Chao, U.S. Secretary of Transportation
- Manisha Singh, Acting Under Secretary of State for Economic Growth, Energy, and the Environment
- David Bohigian, Acting President and CEO of the U.S. Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC)
- Bonnie Glick, Deputy Administrator of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Michael Kratsios, Deputy Assistant to the President and Deputy U.S. Chief Technology Officer, The White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Marie Royce, U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for Educational and Cultural Affairs
- Philip Reeker, Acting U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs
Dutch Government Participation:
- Her Majesty Queen Máxima of the Netherlands
- Mark Rutte, Prime Minister
- Stef Blok, Foreign Minister
- Sigrid Kaag, Minister for Foreign Trade and International Development
- Carola Schouten, Minister of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality
- Mona Keijzer, Vice Minister for Economic Affairs and Climate Policy
Distinguished Speakers at GES:
- HRH Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands, Special Envoy Startup Delta
- Michel de Carvalho, Chairman, Capital Generation Partners
- Marcelo Claure, Chief Operating Officer, SoftBank Group Corp.
- Anne Finucane, Vice Chairman, Bank of America
- Robert C. Gay, Co-Founder and Executive Director, HGGC, LLC
- Bibop Gresta, Chairman and Co-Founder of HyperloopTT
- Marillyn Hewson, Chairman, President and CEO, Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Philipp Hildebrand, Vice Chairman, BlackRock
- Frans van Houten, CEO, Royal Philips Electronics
- Kees Koolen, CEO, Koolen Industries, former CEO Booking.com
- Rem Koolhaas, Architect
- Erel Margalit, Founder and Executive Chairman, Jerusalem Venture Fund
- Carolyn Rodz, Founder, ALICE
- Gary Shapiro, President and CEO, Consumer Technology Association (CTA)
- Feike Sijbesma, CEO and Chairman of the Managing Board, DSM
- Michael Thacker, Executive Vice President for Technology and Innovation, Bell Helicopter
- Corinne Vigreux, Co-Founder, TomTom
- Ronald Wuijster, CEO, APG Asset Management
Over 1,000 entrepreneurs will have exceptional opportunities to showcase their start-ups to more than 300 investors from the entire capital continuum – including APG, PGGM, Silicon Valley Bank, BlackRock, Atomico, Carlyle Group, Bank of America, Softbank, KKR, and CVC – who collectively manage trillions of dollars of assets. A select 30 entrepreneurs will have an opportunity to compete in the GIST Catalyst + Academic Olympics for over $400,000 in entrepreneurial resources. Additional speakers will be announced in coming weeks at https://www.ges2019.org.
Since the United States hosted the first Summit in 2010, GES has brought together nearly 20,000 emerging leaders and created more than USD 1 billion in commitments to entrepreneurship. The United States and its 2019 co-host The Kingdom of the Netherlands share an excellent, long-standing bilateral relationship and successful economic partnership based on the principles of shared values, strong commercial ties, and business-friendly approaches. Previous GES events were held in Hyderabad, India; Silicon Valley, California; Nairobi, Kenya; Marrakech, Morocco; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Dubai, United Arab Emirates; Istanbul, Turkey; and Washington, DC.
Media Accreditation: Journalists seeking accreditation should register by no later than May 24, 2019 at https://www.ges2019.org/newsroom/press-accreditation. Additional logistics associated with press filing facilities, Summit access, travel/visa information, and hotel accommodations can be found online: https://www.ges2019.org/newsroom/media-note. For additional information, visit www.ges2019.org, or follow us on Twitter (@theGESsummit, #GES2019) or Facebook (/theGESsummit and #GES2019).