Office of Directives Management
The Office of Directives Management manages a number of Department programs including
- Directives Program – articulates and collects the Department’s organizational and functional policies, standards, and procedures in the Foreign Affairs Manual and associated Handbooks
- Centralized Business Forms Program – designs, publishes, and archives the Department’s forms, ensuring private information is protected and that the Department is in compliance with the Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA)
- Rulewriting Program – reviews and clears Department rules; acts as liaison between the Department and the Office of Management and Budget
- Information Collection Program – oversees Information Collection standards, coordinates with program offices on submissions to the Office of Management and Budget, ensures the Department is in compliance with the PRA
- Federal Register – approves and submits all Department notices, delegations of authority, Rules and Information Collections to the Federal Register for public notification.
- Delegations of Authority – maintains delegations of authority to the Secretary of State and for the Department
For further information, please call (202) 312-9600.