When a Child Becomes an Adult

Foreign Service children become adults at age 18 in the United States. It is important, as the parent of a child in the Foreign Service, to know at what age some of the regulations change. Employees should contact their Career Development Officer (CDO) regarding their child(ren) being on orders. Also please note that at 21 there may be some age restrictions for Foreign Service children.

For Questions About:

Employment Options for Your Dependents

FLO Web Links for College Information

Information provided by the Family Liaison Office
Contact the Family Liaison Office