Expeditious Naturalization Application Materials and Information

Application Form
N-400 Application for Naturalization (pdf)
Blue Sheet (pdf) - print on blue paper and fill out the bottom portion.

Application Information
Instructions for Form N-400 Application for Naturalization (pdf)
General Tips on Assembling Applications for Mailing
Information about Translating Foreign Documents
N400 Application Document List (pdf)

Taking Ink Fingerprints
When overseas go to the nearest U.S. Consulate for fingerprinting and send the fingerprint cards to USCIS with the N400 naturalization application. Please visit the FBI website for details about Taking Legible Fingerprints. The accepted U.S. government form is called the FD-258. This is the only form that will be accepted. Refer to the information sheet for details about how to fill out the FD-258. Also, be sure to take two complete sets of prints in case one is unreadable. For details see the Ink Fingerprinting Overseas page.

Changing your Legal Name through Naturalization
If you plan to change your legal name during naturalization, please check the appropriate box (Part 1(D)) on the N-400 application and complete the indicated section. Please be aware that in certain situations only a court can permit a change to your name when you are being naturalized. This means that additional delays may occur in completing your naturalization, you will not be naturalized on the day of the interview, and depending on the workload of the court you may have to wait several more months until the court can schedule you for the oath.

Information provided by the Family Liaison Office
Contact the Family Liaison Office