During an Unaccompanied Tour
The Department of State provides a number of resources and services to support employees—and their families—while they are serving at an unaccompanied post overseas.
- Foggy Bottom Rambles Blog – stay up to date with FLO's Unaccompanied Tours Blog.
- Deployment Stress Management Program - Managed by the Bureau of Medical Services, DSMP offers prevention, intervention, assessment, treatment, counseling, education and referral services covering the spectrum of the pre-deployment cycle through after reintegration.
- Employee Consultation Service (ECS) – ECS offers free, confidential counseling with professional clinical social workers to Department of State employees and family members.
- Community Liaison Office coordinators (CLOs) – provide support to families during an Unaccompanied Tour who remain at post. Email FLOaskCLO@state.gov to find your post’s CLO.
- Certificates & Medals of Recognition – honors children for their sacrifice during absence of parents (Foreign Affairs Agencies). Request a nomination form
- Children’s Handbook Downloadable – age appropriate workbooks designed by a Foreign Service Officer to help children understand the separation. To order a pre-printed workbook, email FLOAskUT@state.gov.
Information provided by the Family Liaison Office
Contact the Family Liaison Office