Family Liaison Office (FLO)
FLO serves U.S. government direct-hire employees, their family members, and Members of Household (MOH) who are serving, have served, or will be serving at our Missions overseas. FLO's mission is to improve the quality of life of all demographics we serve by identifying issues and advocating for programs and solutions, providing a variety of client services, and extending services to overseas communities through the management of the worldwide Community Liaison Office (CLO) program.
Our major areas of interest include:
- Family Member Employment
- Education and Youth
- Crisis Management Services
- Foreign Service Life
- Unaccompanied Tours Support
- Expeditious Naturalization Support
FLO offers a comprehensive range of resources and services. We do this in large part through our Communications and Outreach program. As part of our outreach effort, FLO staff travels to different geographic regions and holds town hall and other meetings with post management, employees, and family members in addition to providing personal, electronic, and print resources.
Follow us on Facebook for updates on our programs and resources.
Some of FLO's Key Partners Include:
- Foreign Service Institute (FSI)
- Medical Services (MED)
- Office of Employee Relations (HR/ER)*
- Office of Allowances (A/OPR/ALS)
- Career Development and Assignments (HR/CDA)*
- Office of the Legal Advisor (L)
- Office of Casualty Assistance (OCA)*
- Office of Overseas Schools (OOS)
- Employee Consultation Services (ECS)
- The Transition Center (M/FSI/TC)
- The American Foreign Service Association (AFSA)
- The Associates of the American Foreign Service Worldwide (AAFSW)
- Foreign Service Youth Foundation (FSYF)
- Gays and Lesbians in Foreign Affairs Agencies (GLIFAA)
*Intranet access only
NOTE: This material is specific to direct-hire U.S. government employees and their families serving overseas. Our materials are in the public domain. We ask that you credit our office if you use them.