In July 2010, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security certified the Diplomatic Security Training Center as an Information Assurance (IA) Role-Based Training program and a Center of Excellence.
The Center of Excellence designation highlights the Training Center’s capabilities as a “shared-service center” for cybersecurity and Tier II information assurance training.
Certification of the IA Role-Based Training program has enabled the Training Center's Information Assurance Branch (IAB) to offer its low-cost IA courses and online training to the U.S. Department of State.
The mission of the IAB is to provide current and relevant information assurance and cybersecurity role-based training to IT security professionals and management at every level of government.
As a leading shared-service provider, DS Training Center courses offer several advantages to other government agencies:
- Cybersecurity Online Learning
- Federal Information Security Modernization Act of 2014
- Joint Security Awareness Solution
- National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies (NICCS)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology Special Publication 800-16, "Information Technology Security Training Requirements"
- Office of Personnel Management Code of Federal Regulations 930.301 (2004)