Research Schools

There are several resources available for researching education options in countries around the world.  To understand what's available to Foreign Service families, read Chapter 16 "Education for Foreign Service Children" from the Foreign Service Assignment Notebook: What Do I Do Now?For specific information, use the following resources.

Office of Overseas Schools
The Office of Overseas Schools provides information on K-12 overseas educational opportunities and overseas schools offering support to children with special needs. Regional Education Officers are available for consultation.

Family Liaison Office (FLO)
Visit the FLO webpage for Education and Youth. The Education and Youth Officer at the Family Liaison Office can assist with questions relating to boarding schools, home schooling, gifted and talented, college placement, educational testing, and special needs. 

Special Needs Education

Return to Checklist