Transition Assistance - Before Retirement
Career Transition Center (FSI/TC/CTC)
- Register for CTC classes, including
Career Development Resource Center (CDRC)
- Confidential career counseling services available to all current Department of State Civil Service (CS) employees as well as Foreign Service family members.
Employee Consultation Service (MED/ECS)
- Confidential counseling services available to all USAID, Department of State Civil Service (CS) and Foreign Service (FS) employees and family members.
- Stress, marital problems, parent/child concerns, separation, loss, grief, acute and chronic illness, depression, anxiety, financial concerns, alcohol and drug awareness, life transitions, re-entry concerns.
Located in Washington, D.C.
Start Planning Ahead with News from GovExec.com
- Subscribe to GovExec e-mail "Planning for Retirement" newsletters (Scroll to Government Career / Click on Retirement Planning) at www.govexec.com/newsletters
- Read the weekly retirement planning article by Tammy Flanagan at www.govexec.com/pay-benefits/retirement-planning
- Investigate Federal Long Term Care insurance options for your parents, for you and for your spouse or same-sex domestic partner at www.ltcfeds.com
- The National Institute of Transition Planning (NITP) lists radio shows through Federal News Radio, webinars, and other programs with a focus on retirement planning at www.nitpinc.com
- Visit the National Association of Retired and Federal Employees at www.narfe.org
- Before deciding in which state to live, check out Taxes by State from the Retirement Living Information Center at www.retirementliving.com.