Transition Assistance - Before Retirement

Career Transition Center (FSI/TC/CTC)

Career Development Resource Center (CDRC)

  • Confidential career counseling services available to all current Department of State Civil Service (CS) employees as well as Foreign Service family members.

Located in Washington, D.C.
Tel: 202-663-3042
DOS Intranet

Employee Consultation Service (MED/ECS)

  • Confidential counseling services available to all USAID, Department of State Civil Service (CS) and Foreign Service (FS) employees and family members.
  • Stress, marital problems, parent/child concerns, separation, loss, grief, acute and chronic illness, depression, anxiety, financial concerns, alcohol and drug awareness, life transitions, re-entry concerns.

Located in Washington, D.C.
Tel: 202-663-1815

Start Planning Ahead with News from

More Resources

  • Investigate Federal Long Term Care insurance options for your parents, for you and for your spouse or same-sex domestic partner at
  • The National Institute of Transition Planning (NITP) lists radio shows through Federal News Radio, webinars, and other programs with a focus on retirement planning at
  • Visit the National Association of Retired and Federal Employees at
  • Before deciding in which state to live, check out Taxes by State from the Retirement Living Information Center at

The above links are for informational purposes only and in no way constitute an endorsement, expressed or implied, by the Department of State. Links to websites outside the U.S. federal government or the use of trade, firm, or corporation names are for the convenience of the user and do not constitute an official endorsement or approval of any private sector website, product, service, or privacy policy.