Security Overseas Seminar (MQ911)
This two-day in-person program is designed to meet the security awareness needs of U.S. Government personnel and their families going overseas. Security experts offer guidance on a range of topics, including:
- Risk Management | Personal Security | Sexual Assault | Cyber-Security
- Detecting Surveillance | Overseas Residential and Road Safety | Fire Safety
- Weapons of Mass Destruction | Counterintelligence | Hostage Survival
- Evacuations and Contingency Planning | Coping in a Crisis
Who Should Attend?
State or non-State employee going overseas under the Chief of Mission for 30 consecutive days or longer are required to take this course. It is also highly recommended for adult Eligible Family Members (EFM) and Members of Household (MOH).
State Tuition Rate: No charge
Non-State Tuition Rate: $685
Non-State Tuition Family Rate: $726
When a non-State employee enrolls in one of the SOS courses, his/her adult family member(s) may take the course for an additional $20.00
Young Diplomats Overseas Preparation (MQ250) is offered free of charge for children in grades 2-12, during the following summer MQ911 Seminars: June 24-25 | July 15-16 | July 22-23 | August 5-6
Youth Basic Personal Defense is offered for teens ages 13 - 18 years of age. This course is designed to introduce teenagers to personal defense skills needed for overseas living. Non-tuition. Open to all foreign affairs agency teen-aged eligible family members (EFMs). Course dates are July 17 and July 24. For registration, email FSITCTraining@state.gov.
- Non-State employees/EFMs must fax an SF-182 (with fiscal data) through their Training Officer to the Office of the Registrar at FSI (Fax# 703-302-7152) or email it as an attachment to FSIRegistrar@state.gov.
- State Department Foreign Service employees can enroll online or through their CDO.
- State Department EFMs can enroll through the employee's CDO.
- State Department Civil Service employees can enroll through their Bureau's Training Officer.
The FSI Office of the Registrar must receive written notice of cancellation five workdays before the course begins.
Email the Registrar's Office at FSIRegistrar@state.gov or call 703-302-7418.
Contact the Security Training team if you have any questions or for additional information.
FSISOS@state.gov | 703-302-7418
Upcoming MQ 911 Course Dates - This is an all day course.
April: April 1–2, April 15–16
May: May 6–7, May 20–21
June: June 10–11, June 24–25
July: July 1 - 2, July 15–16, July 22–23
Aug: August 5–6, August 26–27,
Sept: September 16–17