American college and universities highly value children like yours- dependents of U.S. citizens and who are attending middle school or high school outside the U.S.- for their international mindedness and exposure to a rigorous curriculum. But admissions to selective universities in the United States tends to create anxiety for applicants. And that apprehension has only been heightened during the last 18 months. How can you provide help and support, and ease the anxiety, for your children during their college admissions journey?
Watch the timely, candid and (hopefully) calming virtual discussion about how U.S. universities are applying extraordinary flexibility within their reading of applications during COVID. Experienced higher education admissions officers associated with the U.S. Department of State’s Overseas Schools Project (OSP) will provide advice and insight for parents and students, as students navigate college admissions.
This opportunity was made possible by the U.S. Department of State’s Office of Overseas Schools, which — in partnership with the College Board — administers the Overseas Schools Project (OSP). OSP supports students who are dependents of U.S. citizens and who are attending middle school or high school outside the U.S. The project provides expert advice about college admissions and financial aid to students, parents, teachers, and counselors at schools serving U.S. students overseas.
- Shawn Abbott, Assistant Vice Provost for Admissions, Financial Aid, & Enrollment Management, Temple University
- Adele Brumfield, Vice Provost for Enrollment Management, University of Michigan
- Doug Hartog, Director of Admission, University of Virginia
- Diane McKoy, Senior Associate Director | Undergraduate Admissions, Director of Training and Professional Development, Columbia College | The Fu Foundation School of Engineering & Applied Science, Columbia University in the City of New York
- Ellen Chow, Dean of Undergraduate Admissions, Johns Hopkins University
- Elisabeth O’Connell, Senior Associate Dean of Undergraduate Admissions, University of Pennsylvania
Links to the recordings:
November 10, 8 AM session:
Access passcode: x2XjT8k#w#
November 10, 8 PM session:
Access Passcode: Xm4YVX%ter
OSP would also like to share the additional resources below to help as you navigate U.S. Higher Education and Admissions. Please let us know if you have any questions and thank you again for joining us!