American higher education highly values your students at A/OS schools. But admissions to selective universities tends to create anxiety. And apprehension has only been heightened during this very abnormal academic year. How can you help clear a path, and ease the anxiety, for your students during their college admissions journey?
Watch the timely, candid and (hopefully) calming discussion about how U.S. universities are applying extraordinary flexibility within their reading of applications during COVID. Seasoned higher education enrollment leaders associated with the U.S. Department of State’s Overseas Schools Project (OSP) provided advice & insights for counselors, educators and parents who are supporting students as they navigate college admissions during an uncharted circumstance.
This opportunity was made possible by the U.S. Department of State’s Office of Overseas Schools (A/OS), which — in partnership with the College Board — administers the Overseas Schools Project (OSP). OSP supports students who are dependents of U.S. citizens and who are attending middle school or high school outside the U.S. The project provides expert advice about college admissions and financial aid to students, parents, teachers, and counselors at schools serving U.S. students overseas.
Featured American higher education enrollment leaders will include:
- Shawn Abbott, Assistant Vice Provost for Admissions, Financial Aid, & Enrollment Management, Temple University
- Adele Brumfield, Associate Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management, University of California San Diego
- Doug Hartog, Director of Admission, University of Virginia
- Diane McKoy, Senior Associate Director | Undergraduate Admissions, Director of Training and Professional Development, Columbia College | The Fu Foundation School of Engineering & Applied Science, Columbia University in the City of New York
- Ellen Kim, Dean of Undergraduate Admissions, Johns Hopkins University
- Elisabeth O’Connell, Senior Associate Dean of Undergraduate Admissions, University of Pennsylvania
Webinar Link – Session #1 Recording
Topic: Overseas School Project Admissions Leaders Roundtable, Start Time : Nov 12, 2020 8:00 AM EST
Meeting Recording: https://collegeboard.zoom.us/rec/share/AIVpMyAbGQwJ5rPcgyptJXmRUIpdpBs5rs8Zc6ELKEtwiRh0eptdhYduckmmcYey._3ox5O3NNzqDayix
Access Passcode: ENZw1PND!t
Webinar Link – Session #2:
Topic: Overseas Schools Project Admissions Leaders Roundtable, Date: Nov 12, 2020 8:00 PM EST
Meeting Recording: https://collegeboard.zoom.us/rec/share/o71krLkehpaTQJOC06eTIaeKX8BbJSxv9qXegkBzbZWtelvHAn-rJ7EvsTi-F53u.G_CcmqkcWNV3BVfB
Access Passcode: n4kfL&^@Bt
OSP would also like to share the additional resources below to help as you navigate U.S. Higher Education and Admissions. Please let us know if you have any questions and thank you again for joining us!
- Overseas School Project: https://international.collegeboard.org/educators/preparing-students-study-abroad/overseas-schools-project
- College Board Big Future: https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/
- College Board International: https://international.collegeboard.org/
- Example of Residency Requirements (shared by Adele Brumfield of UCSD): https://www.ucop.edu/residency/process.html