- The U.S. government theme for World AIDS Day 2019 is Ending the HIV/AIDS Epidemic: Community by Community.
- In advance of World AIDS Day, on November 25 Ambassador-at-Large Deborah L. Birx, U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator and U.S. Special Representative for Global Health Diplomacy, announced the latest life-saving results [954 KB] achieved through the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
- PEPFAR has saved more than 18 million lives, prevented millions of HIV infections, and transformed the global HIV/AIDS epidemic from crisis toward control.
- Several African countries are on track to control their HIV epidemic by the end of 2020, highlighting the significant strides made under the administration’s PEPFAR Strategy for Accelerating HIV/AIDS Epidemic Control (2017-2020) [3 MB].
New PEPFAR World AIDS Day 2019 Resources
Briefing by U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator and Special Representative for Global Health Diplomacy Ambassador Deborah L. Birx: https://www.state.gov/ambassador-birx-briefing-11-25-19
Ambassador Birx-Admiral Giroir World AIDS Day Blog: https://blogs.state.gov/stories/2019/11/25/en/ending-hivaids-epidemic-community-community
Presidential Proclamation on World AIDS Day, 2019: https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/presidential-proclamation-world-aids-day-2019/
- Latest Global Results Fact Sheet [954 KB]
- Population-Based Household Surveys Results Fact Sheet [432 KB]
- DREAMS Partnership Fact Sheet [546 KB]