Every December 1, the U.S. Government commemorates World AIDS Day by reflecting on its response to the global fight against HIV/AIDS and honoring the millions of people who have died of AIDS-related illness worldwide. This year, ahead of its 20th anniversary next month, PEPFAR will bolster its impact and commitment to the 37.7 million people living with HIV/AIDS globally.
The U.S. government’s theme for World AIDS Day 2022 is Putting Ourselves to the Test: Achieving Equity to End HIV, which emphasizes accountability and action. This theme echoes the Biden-Harris Administration’s dedication to ending HIV/AIDS as a public health threat worldwide by addressing health disparities in communities that have been disproportionately affected by COVID-19 and monkeypox.
Additional materials will be added to this page as they become available.
PEPFAR World AIDS Day 2022 Resources
- Statement from U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator, Ambassador Dr. John Nkengasong, on World AIDS Day
- PEPFAR Five-Year Strategy 2022
- World AIDS Day 2022 PEPFAR Press Release [86 KB]
- PEPFAR Latest Global Results Factsheet (Dec. 2022)
- Video: PEPFAR Vietnam World AIDS Day Awareness Event with English Subtitles
Additional World AIDS Day 2022 Resources
- Statement from Secretary Blinken: 34th Commemoration of World AIDS Day
- Share America Article: On World AIDS Day, a Strategy for Sustained Success
- A Proclamation on World AIDS Day, 2022 | The White House
- Official World AIDS Day Logos
- Blog Post: World AIDS Day 2022: Putting Ourselves to the Test: Achieving Equity to End HIV (HIV.gov)