The Department of State’s annual performance plans and reports, submitted to the President, the Congress, and the American public, describe progress the Department is making toward the achievement of its long-term strategic goals and set forth performance targets for future years.
In some years, the Department of State has included its annual performance plan and report in the Congressional Budget Justification (CBJ). Recent Department of State Operations CBJs that include the Department’s annual performance plans and reports appear below. For a list of links to previous Department of State Operations CBJs, please visit http://2009-2017.state.gov/s/d/rm/rls/statecbj/index.htm.
- FY 2023 Annual Performance Plan [1 MB]
- FY 2022 Annual Performance Plan [2 MB]
- FY 2021 Annual Performance Report [2 MB]
- FY 2020 Annual Performance Report [2 MB]
- FY 2021 Annual Performance Plan and FY 2019 Annual Performance Report [22 MB]
- FY 2020 Annual Performance Plan and FY 2018 Annual Performance Report [14 MB]
- FY 2017 Annual Performance Report and FY 2019 Annual Performance Plan [10 MB]
- FY 2016 Annual Performance Report [1 MB]