- Foreign Service Assignment Notebook: What Do I Do Now? – a comprehensive guide to preparing for an overseas move.
- Protocol for the Modern Diplomat (PDF) – a booklet designed to help readers master the basics of diplomatic protocol.
Online Training Resources
- So You’re an American? A Guide to Answering Difficult Questions Abroad is an online resource for all Americans living and working abroad who are eager to prepare for the many informal and unofficial questions they will receive while overseas. It is designed to build skills and confidence in responding to difficult questions about culture and nationality.
- Realities of Foreign Service Life – for all employees and family members of U.S. Government employees headed or already overseas. This resource provides users a true insight into what it is like to be part of the diplomatic community overseas and familiarizes them with the challenges and opportunities of this internationally mobile lifestyle.
- Overseas Crisis Readiness – to help U.S. Government families and members of household prepare for a crisis overseas.
Articles by Transition Center Staff
- Resilience Training: FSI helps Department employees adapt, grow and thrive, State Magazine, February 2019
- FSI’s Self-Defense Course is Basic, Hands-On, Applicable Everywhere, State Magazine, December 2016
- Language Lesson- Course Helps with Raising Bilingual Children, State Magazine, November 2015