FSI training status update: FSI will be in contact with students enrolled in upcoming training to provide specific details. Please visit this link to view courses that are being offered virtually.
The Center of Excellence in Foreign Affairs Resilience (CEFAR) provides resilience training, education, and support for U.S. Government foreign affairs agencies. Resilience is the ability to adapt and manage change effectively, be creative in the midst of change, and foster individual, family, community, and workplace team resilience in healthy productive ways.
CEFAR aspires to create a foreign affairs culture where resilience is modeled by senior leaders, mid-level managers, and all members of the workforce, regardless of hiring mechanism. Diplomacy in the 21st century demands effective, creative, and innovative foreign policy solutions. America needs an engaged, flexible, and durable work force to safeguard our national interests. Resilience, the ability to adapt in the face of adversity, is the key. Within the next ten years, a supportive inspired and nimble work force will formulate and implement more creative and effective diplomatic solutions.
Through resilience training, the foreign affairs community can learn more about building personal residence, resilience leadership, pre-deployment preparation for high stress assignments, and encouraging resilience in their children.
Articles of interest:
- Reach Out to Build Resilience (State Magazine);
- FSI Helps Department Employees Adapt, Grow and Thrive (State Magazine); and
- More resilience resources, including articles written by resilience trainers.
- Encouraging Resilience in your Foreign Affairs Child (MQ500) – TBD
- Building Your Resilience in the Foreign Service (MQ502) – TBD
- Resilience Leadership (MQ503) – TBD
- Resilience Preparation for High Stress Assignments (MQ940) – Email
- High Stress Assignment Outbrief (MQ950) – Course Details
- Video recordings of Resilience Boosting Webinars
- Check for other upcoming webinars