- Child Protection Resources – These resources may help you develop child protection policies, train staff and volunteers, educate children and youth, respond to suspicion or an accusation of abuse, and understand your role as school counselor or child protection designate.
- Child Mental Health Resources – These resources may help you address youth mental health needs and to bolster community and family support.
- Foreign Service Assignment Notebook: What Do I Do Now? – Information and guidance on all aspects of preparing for an international move. Chapter 16 deals with education for foreign service children.
- Advanced Placement (AP), AP Capstone, and International Baccalaureate (IB) Programs in Schools Assisted by the Office of Overseas School – Information on the AP, Ap Capstone, and IB programs and which assisted schools offer each program.
- For Parents – Guide to State Residency; Public Schools in the Washington, DC, Area; Educational Programs (AP & IB); Distance Learning; Foreign Educational Systems; Relocation and TCKs; and Miscellaneous Links.
- Homeschooling Information – Information on homeschooling programs.
- Boarding School Options – Information on boarding schools provided by the Family Liaison Office.
- Living Abroad and Returning Home
- For Teachers and Counselors – General Information, Financial Aid, Scholarships, and Professional Organizations.
- Education Associations – International Schools Associations, Regional Accrediting Associations, and Professional Associations.
- Preparing for College – General, Financial Aid, and Scholarship Information.
Resources on Special Needs
Families with children with special needs, whether learning disabled or gifted, will find information that may be useful as they seek overseas assignments.
- Overseas Schools Offering Support to Children with Special Needs list of schools offering programs for Special Education and/or Gifted and Talented.
- Transitioning to an Overseas Assignment with a Child with Special Needs, developed by the Office of Overseas Schools and its Advisory Committee on Exceptional Children and Youth, is designed to help families think through such decisions and contains links to useful Internet and publication resources for both gifted children and children with learning disabilities.
- Special Education Needs Overseas Seminar, this seminar was created to specifically meet the needs of FS families that need to understand and navigate Department of State services available overseas to children with special needs.
- HR Bureau Webinars on Special Needs Education Allowance. 1) Special Needs Education Allowance (SNEA) 2) Special Needs Education Allowance Q&A 3) Special Needs Education Allowance 2nd Q&A
- Mental Health and Special Needs Support for Foreign Service Children – Office of Child and Family Programs, Bureau of Medical Services. Frequently Asked Questions and Answers for Foreign Service Officers and their families.
- Advisory Committee on Exceptional Children