- – Information on the ACT college admission test and on educational and career planning.
- – An interactive web site, developed by the Kennedy Center and the National Endowment for the Arts, with additional support from the Department of Education, providing access to information, news, and resources covering a wide range of disciplines using the arts as a vehicle for learning..
- – Sponsored by the National Association of Elementary School Principal, honoring any student in elementary, middle or high school.
- – Online registration for the SAT, database of more than 3,500 colleges, application to colleges online, information on scholarships and financial aid.
- – International Cohorts is part of the Teaching Culturally & Linguistically Diverse & Exceptional Learners program. Their international degree & certificate options are offered in, traditional, intensive summer & online schedules to fit the needs of educators around the world.
- – A web site put together by more than 30 Federal agencies to make available Federally funded teaching and learning resources easier to find.
- – A new curriculum for high school students, developed by the Jane Goodall Institute, to help them recognize their personal values and encourage them to translate those values into activities that benefit their communities.
- – Classroom resources based on Peace Corps volunteer experiences.
- – A global program, developed by the Jane Goodall Institute, to engage and inspire youth of all ages through service-learning projects in the areas of the Environment, Animals, and the Human Community.
- – offers lesson plans, activities and tools for the classroom.
- – funded by the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Special Education Programs. Dedicated to helping elementary and middle school students with disabilities learn from the general education curriculum. Has many great links.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
- – The American Foreign Service Association offers academic and art merit awards and financial ait scholarships to dependent of Foreign Service personnel.
- – Scholarship information, check your fastWEB mailbox, focus on scholarship and loan information, and link to the FinAid Page.
- – Information on Federal student aid programs with help for every step in the financial aid process.
- – With categories like Planning for College, Apply for a Loan, Manage Your Loans, Student Loan Finder, Sallie Mae tackles the nuts and bolts of obtaining grants in a well-organized and easy-to-understand fashion.
Distance Learning – There are many schools/colleges/universities that offer distance learning courses as well as other accredited virtual learning programs. The Global Community Liaison Office (GCLO) maintains resources on virtual learning and homeschooling.
- – Publications and resources for professional school counselors.
- – Professional association for both secondary and postsecondary college admission counselors.
Relocation and Resources on Third Culture Kids
- – Sponsors three youth development programs for Foreign Service children: AWAL (Around the World in a Lifetime) for teens, Globe Trotters for preteens and Diplokids for five- to eight-year-olds.
- – List of publications on the overseas experience and ordering information.
- – Resources for families moving internationally and living interculturally.