- ACT – Information on the ACT college admission test and on educational and career planning.
- ArtsEdge – An interactive web site, developed by the Kennedy Center and the National Endowment for the Arts, with additional support from the Department of Education, providing access to information, news, and resources covering a wide range of disciplines using the arts as a vehicle for learning..
- American Citizenship Award Program – Sponsored by the National Association of Elementary School Principal, honoring any student in elementary, middle or high school.
- Collegeboard.com – Online registration for the SAT, database of more than 3,500 colleges, application to colleges online, information on scholarships and financial aid.
- George Mason School of Education – International Cohorts is part of the Teaching Culturally & Linguistically Diverse & Exceptional Learners program. Their international degree & certificate options are offered in, traditional, intensive summer & online schedules to fit the needs of educators around the world.
- Federal Resources for Educational Excellence – A web site put together by more than 30 Federal agencies to make available Federally funded teaching and learning resources easier to find.
- LessonsForHope.org – A new curriculum for high school students, developed by the Jane Goodall Institute, to help them recognize their personal values and encourage them to translate those values into activities that benefit their communities.
- Peace Corps – Classroom resources based on Peace Corps volunteer experiences.
- Roots & Shoots – A global program, developed by the Jane Goodall Institute, to engage and inspire youth of all ages through service-learning projects in the areas of the Environment, Animals, and the Human Community.
- www.scholastic.com – offers lesson plans, activities and tools for the classroom.
- www.air.org/project/access-center-improving-outcomes-all-students-k-8 – funded by the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Special Education Programs. Dedicated to helping elementary and middle school students with disabilities learn from the general education curriculum. Has many great links.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Foreign Service Youth Foundation Academic Merit Award
- AFSA Scholarship Program – The American Foreign Service Association offers academic and art merit awards and financial ait scholarships to dependent of Foreign Service personnel.
- FastWEB – Scholarship information, check your fastWEB mailbox, focus on scholarship and loan information, and link to the FinAid Page.
- Federal Student Aid – Information on Federal student aid programs with help for every step in the financial aid process.
- Sallie Mae – With categories like Planning for College, Apply for a Loan, Manage Your Loans, Student Loan Finder, Sallie Mae tackles the nuts and bolts of obtaining grants in a well-organized and easy-to-understand fashion.
Distance Learning – There are many schools/colleges/universities that offer distance learning courses as well as other accredited virtual learning programs. The Global Community Liaison Office (GCLO) maintains resources on virtual learning and homeschooling.
- Foreign Service Youth Foundation – Publications and videos on Third Culture Kids.
- American Association of School Administrators
- American School Counselor Association – Publications and resources for professional school counselors.
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- National Association of College Admission Counselors – Professional association for both secondary and postsecondary college admission counselors.
- National Council of Teachers of English
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- Association for Middle Level Education
- Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages
Relocation and Resources on Third Culture Kids
- Foreign Service Youth Foundation – Sponsors three youth development programs for Foreign Service children: AWAL (Around the World in a Lifetime) for teens, Globe Trotters for preteens and Diplokids for five- to eight-year-olds.
- Foreign Service Youth Foundation Publications – List of publications on the overseas experience and ordering information.
- Families in Global Transition – Resources for families moving internationally and living interculturally.